Bring Marie Kondo's Principles to WorkMay 05, 2019
Marie Kondo / WD-40. WD-40 / Marie Kondo...The connection isn't leaping out at you?
The C-SuiteSkimm is a weekly, quick read. Sign up here.
Let's try a definition of terms:
Marie Kondo: The tiniest, quirkiest, on-trendiest brand for going from hot mess to mighty tidy.
WD-40: Dad's everything lube.
Perhaps you guessed that both are needed in a junk-filled garage? Close, but no.
And I'm not telling >:)
Then you tell me! My email: [email protected]
Does Marie Kondo annoy you? She bugs the heck out of traditional organizers. But here's the thing...Marie Kondo is not a professional organizer. She's a happiness guru tucked in a shinto box with a net worth of $8M, a #1 NY Times best selling book, a Netflix Show, a consulting company, and 157K Twitter followers.
Here's what's brilliant about her brand:
- She lives it. She's all in.
- She's unexpected as in 4'7" tall, soft spoken and speaks English through an interpreter
- She speaks to the heart a.k.a. "Spark Joy!"
- Her process is elegant - just five steps.
- Her promise is forever - as in "tidy once-and-for-all" is the opposite of the bad-penny consultant.
How does your brand compare?
Homework: Go Deeper / Think BIGGER
The C-SuiteSkimm is a weekly brief for CEOs and business owners delivering essential news, trends, tips and the occasional "ya-can't-make-this-*[email protected]$#!"-